2. God’s view vs. the world’s view of our possessions
World’s View = Stuff brings Happiness
Driving force is Consumerism
-encourages the acquisition of goods and services in ever-increasing amounts & has created a culture of luxury, consumption & completion
- this creates greed, which turns into too much in our home, which brings a lack of order, which breads chaos
Gods View = Happiness & Value comes from Him
If you decide you are living a life for God, if follows that you do not fuss about what’s on the table at mealtime or whether the clothes in you closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put your stomach, more to your outer appearance than clothes you hang on your body.
- If we focus on him and trust him to provide, anything outside our immediate needs are an added bonus and reward. 2 Chronicles 1:12
- changing our view of possessions as a bonus takes away feelings of entitlement which allows us to live peacefully and satisfied with less.
3. How to declutter your space and mind
So much organizing literature tells us to do this and do that and you will find order. Accomplishing a purging to do list is helpful for a season, but does not bring long term change. If we change our perspective of what we need and focus that God will provide we will build a healthy relationship with stuff.
Remember . .
Focus on living with only what you need.
If you feel inspired to give to those in need, here are charities that will come to you to pick up donations! Thank you so much for blessing others.
Salvation Army - provides services for substance abuse treatment
Vintage Thrift Store - benefits ybor dream center
Urban E - recycles your electronics
If you want the speaking notes or other resources please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go live Simply and in peace!